Schneider Electric SE is a French multinational corporation headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France. It is also based at the World Trade Center of Grenoble. Schneider Electric is a Fortune Global 500 company, publicly traded on the Euronext Exchange, and is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
It is the parent company of Square D, Pelco, APC and others. It is also a research company, investing EUR10 billion in innovation and R&D for sustainable development between 2015 and 2025. The company holds 20,000 patents either active or in application worldwide and invests 5% of its annual revenue in Research and Development.
Schneider Electric India’s journey began over 50 years ago, all the way back to 1963 when a merger took place between Etablissement Merlin & Gerin, Tata Sons Pvt Ltd and Voltas Ltd. By 1995, Schneider electric industries SAS was established in New Delhi.
Let’s take a stroll down the memory lane and revisit historical/significant moments of this journey :
- 1963: A merger between Etablissement Merlin & Gerin, Tata Sons Pvt Ltd, and Voltas Ltd
- 1979: The company amalgamated with Voltas Ltd
- 1995: 100% Subsidiary of Schneider Electric Industries SAS established in New Delhi
- 2000: Acquisition of S&S Switchgear and Crompton Greaves LV Division
- 2003: Inauguration of Baroda factory. Entry into the residential market with UT offer. Setup of an R&D facility in Bangalore.
- 2007: Integration of APC & Pelco India businesses
- 2010: Acquisition of ZICOM’s electronic security integration business
- 2011: Acquisition of Luminous, APW President and Digilink along with the launch of retail channels
- 2013: Completion of 50 years in India
- 2014: Acquisition of Invensys in 2014 helped it create a unique player in Industry Automation
- 2019: E-Commerce portal launch for simplistic interaction with customers
At Schneider Electric, the focus is to make life on by making energy safe, reliable, efficient, connected and sustainable. The innovations in energy management and protection have helped the brand a better & safe place to be in.
Today the company stands for the latest modern innovation and technology led products combining state of the art IOT enabled features in its products. Combining global expertise of over a century Schneider Electric continues to deliver next-level solutions to developed and emerging markets. New on the block is a product series launch named “The Game Changers” – a series of smart IoT enabled products for the consumers.
Watch out this space for more info soon !!!